- The era of AFC dominance is coming to a close.
- Parity is king. Slightly better than average teams can go undefeated. Teams with average regular season records can win it all.
- Old-school strategy still works: don’t make mistakes, play solid on the defensive front, and you’ll stay close enough to give yourself a chance to win. Even in the playoffs. Even in the Superbowl.
- You don’t need a hall of fame quarterback to win the Superbowl; just a smart, patient guy who won’t turn it over and who will find the open receiver.
- Regular season performance isn’t the indicator that it used to be.